ALERT: Government filing fees will increase April 1, 2024 Start your application today

How to Apply for Work Permit Visa in USA

Let’s say you want to work in the United States. In that case, you may apply for a temporary work visa or an employment-based green card. Several temporary work visas are available, enabling you to stay in the United States for a set time. Because of the employment status, you obtain a permanent resident by obtaining an employment-based green card. It is necessary to determine which programs you may be eligible for. You must first obtain a work visa to be legally employed in the United States. Several work visa types are temporarily available for foreigners interested in working in the United States.  

Types of Temporary US Work Visa

The temporary work visa in the United States includes the following:

  • H-1B Visas
  • E Visas
  • L Visas
  • O Visas
  • NAFTA Work Visa

  It often depends on what type of work you will do in the US that decides what type of visa is best for you.

Top Temporary US Work Permit Visa

H-1B Visa (Skilled Workers)

H-1B visa is a temporary work permit in the US that enables foreigners to work within exclusive occupations for US employers. This means your employment in the United States cannot be for any work. The work must involve a high skill level, such as in a professional occupation. Most H-1B work visa applicants are highly educated with a university degree. However, it is not are always needed. Some H-1B visas are granted to applicants with low education but sufficient work experience. Other H-category visas:

E1 & E2 Visas, i.e., Treaty Traders & Treaty Investors

E-1 Visa

The E-1 is a nonimmigrant visa for citizens of countries with which the US has a treaty of commerce. While all countries aren’t eligible, business owners from those may qualify if they meet the criteria specified.  

E-2 Visa

Suppose you dream of working in the US by initiating or investing in a US-based business. In that case, an E-2 Visa may be considered. E visas can be issued only to countries with a treaty between the foreign national’s country and the USA.  

L1 Visa (Intra-Company Transfers)

Suppose you are growing your business in the US or moving to an existing US business. In that case, the L-1 visa is the visa on the go. L-1 visas are for employees working for external companies. Two categories of L-1 Visa include:

  • L-1A
  • L-1B

O-1 Visa (Extraordinary Abilities)

The O-1 temporary visa is exclusively for people with distinct skills in arts, business, education, sciences, or athletics or who have a record of exceptional performance on-screen with recognition.  

NAFTA Work Permit

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is a mutual trade deal between Canada, the US, and Mexico, implemented in 1994. However, it was rewritten and renamed in 2018. NAFTA aims to eliminate trade barriers between these three countries, such as tariffs on goods, to encourage economic integration among them and economic prosperity.  With so many applicants globally applying for employment visa for USA each year, it is crucial to get legal help to ensure the approval of your application. Incomplete or wrong details can result in a visa refusal, which can be a huge disappointment. If you plan to apply for a temporary or permanent US work visa, book a consultation or contact Bold Legal to speak with an immigration professional.

Related Posts:

bold legal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Affordable, step-by-step visa help from our team of immigration experts

Learn more about BOLD LEGAL’s Essential (Guided) Application service.