ALERT: Government filing fees will increase April 1, 2024 Start your application today

Green Card for Parent

The Green Card for Parent or IR-5 Visa allows parents of the United States citizen to lawfully work and live in the country. If you are a citizen of the United States and have parents who are not US citizens, then you can have them apply for the IR-5 Visa for obtaining the Green Card. The IR-5 Parent Visa to the United States allows US citizens to bring along foreign parents to the country in the form of permanent residents. This visa is expected to be issued or granted abroad at the respective US Embassy or Consulate in the foreign country wherein the parent resides. You are also expected to be at least 21 years of age for sponsoring the IR-5 visa for the parents.

Eligibility for IR5 Visa

The US sponsor or citizen should be at least 21 years of age

The sponsor should have access to ample financial means for supporting the parent until they would start working in the United States

The sponsor should be living in the United States and a proper US address

The sponsor should offer a copy of the birth certificate for proving the relationship between the parent and the sponsor

Special Requirements for IR-5 Visa

The IR5 Visa or the Green Card for Parent will have different requirements for offering support for evidence. It will depend on the circumstances and the parent of the sponsor. If the sponsoring kid offers petitions for bringing the adoptive parents to the United States, they are expected to submit:

Other Topics In Family Based Visa Visa

Affordable, step-by-step visa help from our team of immigration experts

Learn more about BOLD LEGAL’s Essential (Guided) Application service.