ALERT: Government filing fees will increase April 1, 2024 Start your application today

Fiance Visa

Fiance Visa for US is also known as the K1 Visa. It is an immigrant visa for the United States granted to the fiancé or fiancée of the US citizen. This allows the fiancé or fiancée to marry the US citizen within 90 days of entering the country. It is the first-ever visa that a foreign national who is marrying a US citizen is required to adjust that status for becoming LPR or Legal Permanent Resident.

Eligibility Criteria for K1 Visa

To obtain the K1 Visa or Fiance Visa for US, the applicant should fulfill the following requirements:

Being engaged to the citizen of the United States

Having the intention to get married within 90 days of entering into the United States

Having the proof of relationship before the engagement

The foreign national and the US citizen should have had a meeting in person at least once in the period of past two years

Any previous marriages that any of you might have had should be legally terminated

Other Topics In Family Based Visa

Affordable, step-by-step visa help from our team of immigration experts

Learn more about BOLD LEGAL’s Essential (Guided) Application service.